We are now into the meat of the Patriot League Schedule. So far, with a loss to Boston University, we are 0-1 in the League. Lehigh is 0-2, Holy Cross is 1-1, Colgate is 0-2 , Bucknell is 1-0, American and Boston University are 2-0. With a seven team league, 3 losses is virtual elimination in the four team tournament to decide the league championship. So for the team,forget about past games, this is a must win game. A win keeps us in the hunt and probably eliminates Lehigh and that’s always a good thing
So we arrive at Lehigh’s field on Saturday and for 70 minutes we must tackle like demons, follow the ball, run like this a championship game, make every touch of the ball count and find ways to get to the circle and finish. And there is the fact;
Beating Lehigh is so much fun!!!! So bring your best game because Lehigh will bring theirs. Eleven o’clock on Saturday…bring it!! GO PARDS!!
Reasons why we need to beat Lehigh:
- Their colors are brown and white..( who picks colors like that)
- They stole the sword from Lafayette’s statue sixty years ago and it still ticks me off.
- Their football fans are rude
- They are only 18 miles from Lafayette and that offends me
- They used to be called the engineers and now they are called the Mountain Hawks ( Is there even such an animal, I think its actually an eagle??)
- Their campus can’t be seen from Rt 22 unlike our school which is majestically visible as you arrive in Easton
- I don’t like their football team, basketball team or any other of their teams
Replies from all sorts of fans:
- Because WE like to paint Your leopard Brown and White